Whether for personal or business use… Why should you create a Facebook Page?
It has over 845 million users as of February 2012, wherein the top five nations with the most members consist of the following:
- United States
- The average user spends around 11 hours each month on his or her page.
- The average amount of time spent on the social network is approximately 500 billion minutes per month.
- It ranks first among other social sign-ins.
Given these statistics, you can see the increasing popularity of Facebook. So, what does it mean for you then? If you want to boost your online presence, create your own fan page. Once it is up and running, do not forget these…
Search engine optimization tips for your Facebook page
1. Use keywords
You can gain more visibility by placing the following categories with relevant terms.
- Page name – it should have the standard 70-character length or less
- About – it must have 140 characters, just like any meta descriptions for any Web content
While using appropriate words or phrases helps, keep from adding too much keywords since this can result to less tagging.
2. Build your brand or broadcast yourself
- If you are creating a network for marketing purposes, use your company or brand as the page name instead of a key phrase.
- If it is for personal use, it is best to use your own name instead of coming up with aliases.
3. Optimize your status update
- When you create a post, always remember that the first 18 characters (or less) serve as the title. So, if you want it to rank in search
- engines, it is best to use key terms that you know will fare well in searches.
- You have to do the same when you post links on your Wall and the field “Say something about this link…” appears. If you do not write something on it, your update loses appeal on your friends’ news feed.
4. Take advantage of Facebook Notes
Through it, you can create lengthy yet interesting posts without using links and directing your fans or friends off the site.
5. Start conversations through the Discussion Board
Through this feature, you can create forums and chat with other members without the need for software plug-ins. The optimization part comes when you use a keyword-rich title for the topic.
6. Post content on a Saturday
This tip may sound trivial but a survey shows that the average number of Facebook shares on a Saturday is around 39% more than the other days.
7. Link to your official site
If you are going to post links, why not use your own, right? This way, you can hit two birds with one stone since you can get ranking for your fan page and
What do you think? Are they easy to do on your own? Now, if you already have connected with plenty of people, it does not mean that these strategies are of no use to you. Feel free to apply them. Who knows, you might just increase your number of friends to thousands.